Arethusa forum

Arethusa discussion forums.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registration is not required to post, but is required to post links.

#1 2013-05-13 11:54:08

doc_fr
Anonymous

US server seems down ?

I tried connecting through stunnel+openvpn, l2tp, tried to ping it, no answer, is it down ?

#2 2013-05-13 12:24:44

Zero

Re: US server seems down ?

Yes, the US server seems down and we are investigating the problem.

#3 2013-05-17 16:02:53

doc_fr
Anonymous

Since that incident, i keep having regular disconnections on that server, in fact, being in stunnel+openvpn or l2tp, it's really having huge stability problem since that incident happend, too bad, because it's one of the best servers to use from China sad

#4 2013-05-27 22:56:23

Zero

Do you still experience stability problems ?

I've done some tests (with stunnel+openvpn) and never got disconnected.

#5 2013-05-30 04:37:33

doc_fr
Anonymous

I still experience some, but i have doubts on my own home network actually, too many devices on it, and seems more like a local  DOS triggering my disconnections than actually a problem with the server itself, sorry i didn't give you feedback, but since it seems to be a local problem, related to my wife(*sigh*) usage of the chinese internet, where all their streaming apps use p2p and just suck up every available bit of bandwidth, and over a 520k dsl connection, it's hard to give a straight answer.

I sometimes uses dual vpn connection on top of the stunnel to get more bandwith on the dedicated server through l2tp, result is real nice, i don't lose too much bandwidth and get nice speed on the french network. Not using it on p2p though, to avoid breaking arethusa rules in case of a disconnection, i use the standalone l2tp p2p which works nice smile

All in all, it works quite well big_smile

Board footer